Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:41:16 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Santarossa, Gino" <Gino.Santarossa@MSS.GOUV.QC.CA>
Subject:   Page validation error in SAS

Question: I have a SAS macro which build a 15 Gb sas database file. This macro is programmed as follows: %macro ConcatenateFile; %do year = 75 % to 95; proc datasets memtype=data nolist; append base=BAseFile data=File%year; run; %end;

For a reason that I don't know after I had installed SAS 8.1 on my new computer, I got the following sas error message when the BaseFile reached 4,2Gb: ERROR: Expecting page 1, got page 262145 instead. ERROR: Page validation error while reading BaseFile.

Does anyone knows what's happening?

Thanks.

Gino.