Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2001, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:35:30 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Brucken, Nancy" <Nancy.Brucken@PFIZER.COM>
Subject:      Re: which sas modules are installed??
Comments: To: Rob Rohrbough <Rob@Rohrbough-Systems.com>

Hi Rob, Thanks for the SCL code. If I'd read my notes a bit closer, I would have seen that PROC SETINIT NOALIAS gives you a list of the components you have licensed, which as has been pointed out, may not be the same as the list of those you have installed. I haven't found the NOALIAS option in either the 6.12 or the v8 documentation; our site SAS support person told me about it, but I don't know where he heard about it from. It does return different results from PROC SETINIT without the option specified, at least here. With it, we get a list of each individual component we have licensed. Without it, many of our components are wrapped up into a single enterprise license entry. Maybe it depends on the licensing arrangements. Nancy

-----Original Message----- From: Rob Rohrbough [mailto:Rob@Rohrbough-Systems.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 11:57 AM To: SAS-L List (SAS(r) Discussion); Murray Karstadt; Brucken, Nancy; Gerhard Hellriegel; JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM Subject: RE: which sas modules are installed??

Nancy,

I was not aware of the (undocumented?) NOALIAS option. I was of Jack Hamilton's mindset that you had to check file/catalogs exisiting in the !SASROOT directory. Here is some SCL code I use to let user's know that a feature is not available from lack of product licensing or installation of SAS/GRAPH:

GRAPHICS: if sysprod('graph') ^= 1 or fileexist("!sasroot\graph\sasexe\sasxgsup.dll") = 0 then do; rc = gray('GRAPHICS'); link ckrc; alarm; _msg_ = 'This function requires the ' || 'SAS/GRAPH product.'; end; else do; call display('prog.func.graphics.frame'); end; * if; call notify('EXIT', '_cursor_'); RETURN;

I would be curious to know if the NOALIAS option on PROC SETINIT really indicates installation or just itemizes which products are included in a license package. BTW, I saw no difference whether I used the NOALIAS option or not in my PROC SETINIT results.

HTH,

Rob