Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:46:51 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Charles Patridge <Charles_S_Patridge@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Netscape 6 and Frames

Obviously I have opened myself to criticism <grin>

I chose Frames for my main introduction to my web site as it was somewhat intuitive to have a Table of Contents on the Left, and the main viewing window on the Right, with a smaller window on the bottom to allow corporate sponsors to show their logos and at the same time to generate some monies to keep my site up and running as well as donate over 50% of the revenues to charitable organizations.

With the advent of Netscape 6 coming to production, I may have to re-think how to re-design my site which I would prefer to leave asis unless Netscape People can tell me what I might be doing wrong in my Frame HTML code to make Netscape 6 misbehave. Otherwise, I will need to go to the drawing boards and play with FrontPage 2000.

As for the backgrounds, I apologize if I have offended any of you with the colors on the main web page. Everywhere else I tried to stick to is a light colored background with dark lettering - and in some cases, have chosen to play with some of the font styles or sizes (my apologies). I did not know I was hurting your surfing experience while visiting my site.

I have always tried to appease anyone who had suggestions that seemed reasonable, so if you have some constructive comments, please forward them onto me.

Pardon me while I start playing with FrontPage 2000. I just preferred to do HTML coding using NotePad and make life easier on myself as well as save a lot of unnecessary <tags> and disk space from all the extras that most packages create when developing web pages.

Regards and apologies,

Charles Patridge Email: Charles_S_Patridge@prodigy.net Web: http://www.sconsig.com

PS, if any of you happen to know why my opening frame page makes Netscape 6 misbehave, I would appreciate you sharing that knowledge with me <grin>.

The four major pages at the top of my web site design are as follows:

http://www.sconsig.com/index.htm (the one that creates the frames)

http://www.sconsig.com/aaatoc.htm (my Table of Contents page)

http://www.sconsig.com/sconsig.htm (main viewing window and contents)

http://www.sconsig.com/sponsors.htm (lower window for sponsored logos)