Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:53:55 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Schechter, Robert S" <robert.schechter@ASTRAZENECA.COM>
Subject:      Re: JOBS IN NEW YORK CITY....19 POSITIONS LISTED
Comments: To: John Jones <jonesj@PHARMARESEARCH.COM>

I, too, IMHO agree with John, SAS specific job opportunities should not be discontinued from this forum. What I, and some others, found annoying was JasperAF's quantity. His new format, with appropriate SUBJECT line, if posted judiciously (once a month was my suggestion) should be acceptable for most (though not Bruce, sorry, but at least limiting the quantity would help).

-----Original Message----- From: John Jones [mailto:jonesj@PHARMARESEARCH.COM] Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 8:33 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: JOBS IN NEW YORK CITY....19 POSITIONS LISTED

I could not imagine why someone would be so adamantly against job postings. It seemed unreasonable to me that the small percentage of postings, among all postings, related to job opportunities could upset a subscriber so much. They are not SAS technical questions but it is relevent information to the SAS programming community.

Until I understood that Bruce must pay for his downloads. This is very unfortunate. I do not know what Bruce is paying for his downloads but for each download divide it by the number of postings and multiply it times the number of job postings and you've got the total cost of those job posting emails. The value to Bruce is $0.00 the cost is $x.cc. Obviously he is not comfortable with that deal.

Now I sympathize but must agree with Jules. There are job postings for Europe, Middle East, Canada, as well as the US though most are for the US. I once had an opportunity to apply for a 1 year position in Kazakhstan. This is important information for the SAS programming community and should not be discontinued from this forum.

John

At 06:40 AM 11/1/00 -0500, Jules Bosch wrote: >Jasper, > >Please continue to post. There are many here who are interested in the >supply and demand for SAS programmers. > >Jules Bosch > > >Ace wrote: > > > > JasperAF wrote: > > > > > > If you are interested in pursuing any of the following 19 positions, > please > > <snpped> > > > > Please please please stop posting these here! We're all OK with the odd > > SAS-related posting, but for your more general ones there's loads of > > other, more suitable, fora. > > > > -- > > Bruce