Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:43:04 -1000
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Laurence P Adair <ladair@SWRI.JACADS.COM>
Subject:   Re: Using Lotus Notes to send e-mails from SAS

Victor,

I know this is not exactly what you want, but what I do is use the SAS/Notes interface to create Notes documents with the SAS report/graph/analysis either attached or as one or more of the document fields. Then a Notes agent runs that automatically emails a link to the document to whomever is specified (via SAS, or in another Notes document, etc...). If your email problems persist, then this might be a good workaround.

Regards, Laurence Adair ladair@swri.jacads.com

Victor Bos <vic@TIK.NU> on 10-19-2000 09:37:35 PM

Please respond to Victor Bos <vic@TIK.NU>

To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: (bcc: Laurence P Adair/JACADS/SwRI) Subject: Using Lotus Notes to send e-mails from SAS

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup SAS to automatically send e-mails from datasteps. This works fine when I use Outlook Express as e-mail client on the PC that runs SAS. Unfortunately, when the PC runs Lotus Notes -which is the 'standard' e-mail client for the company- I can't get it running.

Following the advice from earlier messages in this newsgroup, I set option EMAILSYS to VIM, and EMAILID, EMAILPW and EMAILSERVER to my logon at the Notes server. Also, I have set the PATH environment variable to include a reference to the directory containing vim32.dll.

Despite all this, I keep getting the msg "ERROR: E-mail initialization failure. Verify that e-mail is installed." in the log.

This thing drives me crazy! Does anyone of you have any idea of what I can try next to get this running? I am using WinNT 4.0 (SP 5) and Lotus Notes R4.6

thanks in advance,

Victor.