Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:02:29 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   clmakinson@GOODYEAR.COM
Subject:   Re: Any record based reporting facility in SAS?
Comments:   To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU

The simplest approach may be FSEdit either alone or driven by the Assist environment. With a little training and an AF license you can also create a basic functional form in 8.1 with the Form Viewer by drag and drop. This will have the usual navigation, add, edit, delete and filter/search capability. With a little more training you can add combo boxes, radio buttons, edit checking, etc. just like MS-Access (but maybe not quite as easy or robust as MSA).

paula <icj808@USWEST.NET>@listserv.vt.edu> on 09/20/2000 07:08:12 PM

Please respond to paula <icj808@USWEST.NET>

Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu>

To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU cc: Subject: Any record based reporting facility in SAS?

I use proc tabulate, freq, and other procedures a lot. I notice, however, they seem all dataset-based facilities. I am wondering if there is any record/observation based reporting in SAS. I have SAS datasets that contain accounting information such as name, address, phone number, SSN and so on. I want to generate forms like Microsoft Access forms for each record.

TIA

Paula D