Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:14:05 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Nick Paszty <npaszty@ORGANIC.COM>
Subject:      Map data sets

Hello.

When looking at the world data set, there is an id (label=GLC: Country ID Number) column. What does GLC stand for? and is there a data set available that would have a mapping of this column to the name of the country? and just for the sake of hoping a birdie is listening, a map to the top level domain? I have looked at the country_name2 data sets and they have an id column as well but I'm not sure if the value of id=685 (for Norway) in the norway2 data set represents Norway in the world data set. There are 10,138 obs (all them fjords I guess) out of 456,001 in the world data set where id=685.

Anyway...

For example it would be nice to have (hypothetically and to reference some of the more common) ...

GLC Name Top Level Domain ------- -------- ------------------------- 60 Turks and Caicos Islands tc 83 Heard and McDonald Islands hm 94 Antarctica aq 103 Guinea-Bissau gw

and so on and so forth ...

Thanks,

Nick