Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:54:43 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Melvin Klassen <Klassen@UVIC.CA>
Subject:      Re: SAS v8 -> v6

On Sun, 1 Aug 0 21:03:55, crm1nxa@UPS.COM (Abakah Nori crm1nxa) wrote:

> We are in the process of upgrading from V6.09E to V8. > As we continue testing our jobs, we have a need to be able to read > some of our newly created data sets (V8) in V6. > We are a big OS390 shop > and all are libraries are allocated via JCL statements! > I tried submitting the job with the following > > //STEP3 EXEC SAS, > // TIME=136,REGION=64M,OPTIONS='ENGINE=V6', > // CONFIG='N811.MXGUSERS.SOURCE(CONFIGV8)' > > <snip> > I don't get an error but it turns out that the data sets > created by this job cannot be read when using v6.09E. > This link http://www.sas.com/service/techsup/unotes/SN/001/001046.html > indicates that it cannot be done. Any suggestions?

I think that you have misunderstood that Usage Note.

It suggests that the exact JCL used to allocate the dataset may (but not "always") cause the use of the 'ENGINE=V6' parameter to be ignored.

The same Usage Note also states the "circumvention":

explicitly assign the desired engine on a LIBNAME statement.

to the problem. Use the 'V6' engine to create a SAS data library which can be handled by V6 of SAS.

Please show us the exact JCL you use to allocate the dataset.

((posted and mailed))