Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:12:34 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Murray Karstadt <karstadt@ANDROMEDA.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject:   xport sas dataset pc to unix

Hi All,

This one has me stumped. I'm trying to transfer a PC SAS 612 dataset to unix running sas 611.

On the PC side I start with:

libname in 'c:\temp'; libname newfile 'c:\temp\pcfile.dat'; proc copy IN=in OUT=newfile MEMTYPE=DATA; run;

which creates 'pcfile.dat' I ftp the file in binary to a unix box.

and use the following

libname in XPORT 'pcfile.dat'; libname out ''; proc copy IN=in OUT=out; run;

the error I get is

2 libname out ''; ERROR: Module SASPCEN0 not found in search paths. ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME or FILENAME statement.

is there some other method to transfer PC files?????

any ideas?????????

thanks in advance