Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:52:10 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   James Eales <eales@AGECON.PURDUE.EDU>
Subject:   grouping counties in my regions on a US map?

I am a novice at SAS. What I would like to do is produce US maps, but with different regions than either counties or states. I have a data file which allocates counties (includes state fips, county fips, and my region code) to my regions.

What I want is a choropleth map which will color code my regions according to the level some variables that are in a second file, for example, it might be a demographic variable such as the proportion of the population of the region which is female.

I checked out the SAS FAQ at the SAS site and found the examples somewhat related, but confusing. I have not found a FAQ for this news group. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

-- James Eales Dept. of Agricultural Economics Purdue University eales@agecon.purdue.edu 765/494-4212