Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:57:33 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Nigel Pain <Nigel.Pain@SCOTLAND.GOV.UK>
Subject:   Re: A UNIX print question
Comments:   To: Bob Lambert <Bob_Lambert@AFCC.COM>

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:59:35 -0500, Lambert, Bob <Bob_Lambert@AFCC.COM> wrote:

>I inherited SAS jobs that run on UNIX that send output to one of two >printers, depending on who the report is for. The reports going to the >printer close by me are being printed. However, I just found out that all >the reports going to the other printer are just piling up in que. I can see >all these jobs by issuing the lpstat -o command. [I was told that the >printer was physically moved so it's probably something related to that. >(jobs from the LAN do print out on that printer)]. > >---->Is there a UNIX command to redirect these jobs to my printer so I don't >have to re-run the SAS jobs.? > >Our help desk has been notified of the problem but I don't think they'll get >it fixed this week -- unless it's a physical connection issue and somebody >just has to plug one end of the printer cable into the UNIX box. If it's a >UNIX setup issue, it won't get fixed because the UNIX administrator is out >all week . > >thanx in advance. > >Bob Lambert

Assuming that your UNIX print service is lp (the usual one), the following command will do it:

lp -i <jobid> -d <new printer>

*************************************************** Nigel Pain Scottish Executive Development Department Business Support Unit Victoria Quay EDINBURGH EH6 6QQ UK Tel +44 131 244 7237 Fax +44 131 244 7281 Mailto:nigel.pain@scotland.gov.uk Website: http:\www.scotland.gov.uk