Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:31:05 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Richard W. Graham" <Richard.Graham@INTELLICISIONS.COM>
Subject:      Re: API call to VB routine?
Comments: To: Arjen.Raateland@vyh.fi

Arjen,

Something about your argument of not wanting to put the .dll onto each users' PC seem unsound. I like the idea of having the .dll centrally located, however, the OS environment variable PATH would still have to be modified on every users' PC to point to the network location. So you still have to do something to everyone's PC to make the function available to them.

Richard W. Graham Senior Consultant, Technology Delivery Intellicisions Data Inc. 2000 Regency Parkway, Suite 355 Cary, NC 27511 (919) 467-0505 (Embedded image moved to file: pic16416.gif)

Arjen Raateland To: Richard.Graham@intellicisions.com <Arjen.Raatela cc: nd@vyh.fi> Subject: Re: API call to VB routine?

06/08/00 11:24 AM Please respond to Arjen.Raatelan d

Richard.Graham@intellicisions.com wrote: > > Arjen > > With no exception, the routine name you specify in the SASCBTBL MUST be > exactly the same (casewise) as that contained within the DLL. > > There isn't any need to manipulate either the OS environment path variable > nor that of SAS. All that needs to be done is to copy the .DLL to the > windows system directory (e.g. if WIN98, you would copy the .dll file to > the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory).

Richard,

See USENET for the most recent state of my problem. It seems the function is now part of a class of functions, something the DLL-doc doesn't say anything about. Also SAS doc's don't mention a function class issue.

For test purposes I copied the DLL to the WINNT directory, but I'm not the only person in this institute and it's affiliated organisations. I want any SAS user on our network to be able to use the DLL through a macro and not have to worry about copying the most recent version onto his or her workstation. That's when I need to fiddle with the path. But for now I have bigger problems as you can see from my more recent posts.

Thanks! -- Arjen Raateland Finnish Environment Institute SAS Support phone +358 9 4030 0350

pic16416.gif [image/gif]