Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:30:26 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         clmakinson@GOODYEAR.COM
Subject:      Re: Q: ODBC-driver-manager for SAS v8 under MVS
Comments: To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU

If I understand your question you will need to investigate SAS/Share*Net. This will allow access to SAS datasets on MVS (or other hosts) from non-SAS ODBC complient products. This is not too well advertised for obvious reasons.

[SAS-L] Doug Dame <dameda@SHANDS.UFL.EDU>@listserv.vt.edu> on 06/01/2000 02:36:22 PM

Please respond to Doug Dame <dameda@SHANDS.UFL.EDU>

Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@listserv.vt.edu>

To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU cc: Subject: Q: ODBC-driver-manager for SAS v8 under MVS

Bubbas & Bubbarinas:

I know I have a room-temperature IQ, but I've been trying to figure what it takes to enable (small-box, non-SAS) ODBC clients to access mainframe SAS data, and ... I can't figure it out or find anything that makes sense to me.

Can anybody give me a broad outline and/or some pointers to useful info?

Thanks!

Douglas Dame Shands HealthCare Gainesville FL USA