Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jun 2000 13:42:17 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Terjeson, Mark" <TERJEMW@DSHS.WA.GOV>
Subject:      FW: IMPORT - Excel(date) to V6.12(date) vs V8.00(datetime)

Hi gang, After a couple good comments I think maybe I can further arrange the characteristics of my question. I guess this revised question is more along the lines of "any discussion" or "confirming experience"....... Something I didn't mention the first time is that we all know that the import routines (underneath) have been implemented differently between 6.12 and 8.00.(or the different format version levels) But now to continue on: doing a couple of further tests, the behavior of Excel(date) to SAS(*date*) seems to be associated with import conversion type "Microsoft Excel 5 or 7 Spreadsheet" regardless of V6.12 or V8.00 and Excel(date) to SAS(**datetime**) seems to be associated with import conversion type "Microsoft Excel 97 or 2000 Spreadsheet". So I guess the difference is not between SAS versions but between import-format-flavor(format version level routines).

Am I on a more accurate/consistent track? Anyone concur? Mark Terjeson Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Division of Research and Data Analysis (RDA) (360) 902-0741 (360) 902-0705 fax mailto:terjemw@dshs.wa.gov