Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:41:32 EDT
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Stephen Stewart <Bikesnbirds@CS.COM>
Subject:      Rome Ibis
Comments: To: GABO-L@uga.cc.uga.edu

GABO

This afternoon at around 7:30pm at Arrowhead Lakes in Rome.

8- White Ibis, (7 1st years, 1 adult)--lakes 3 and 8 this is the first sighting at the lakes on record

4- Yellow-crowned nightherons --lakes 8 and 9

1-maybe 2 least bitterns (this the second year in a row for a pair here in summer) lake 9 with willows.

at least 7 orchard orioles including a male feeding blackberries to two immatures. this confirms them breeding here which I have been after for about 4 years.

no sign of tree swallows in any of the wood duck boxes we checked. No swallows flying overhead or martins which was unusal.

stephen stewart rome, ga