Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:34:48 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Puddin' Man <pudding_man@ALTAVISTA.COM>
Subject:      Re: V8 Docs FAQ: White's test for ...
Comments: To: dmclerra@FHCRC.ORG

On Tue, 25 April 2000, Dale McLerran wrote: > > I find this strange. I don't have version 8 yet, only version 7. > When I perform the search in version 7, I find 12 pages in the > online documentation with reference to White in the SAS/STAT > volume. One of those is "Testing for heteroscedasticity" which > mentions the SPEC option and PROC REG. Unfortunately, the SPEC > option is not a hyperlink, so there would be another search > required in order to get to the page which describes the SPEC > option.

With some help from Tom P. I later found that the search works OK if I search in "SAS/STAT Users Guide" instead of "SAS/STAT". I assumed (Lord Hep' Me) that it would auto- magically search sub-categories of "SAS/STAT", namely "Users Guide". Just Another Blind Alley ...

> By the way, I have not been able to use the online documentation > under Navigator. I have to use IE.

If you're using IE5 I wouldn't be surprised if it works a bit better than, say, Nav. 4.08. I've run it a little with IE5 at home (they don't support it at work) and haven't noticed any problem.

Zalut, Puddin'

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now! http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go