Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2000, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:13:02 GMT
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Gregory W Stutes <gstutes@FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU>
Subject:   Entropy Measures of Inequality

I am not sure if this is the proper place to ask these questions, but any help would be appreciated.

First, is there a macro available (or is it within the program) for a generalized entropy measure of inequality. I was able to find the coefficient of variation in proc means, but I would like to use Theil's index, Atkinson's index, as well as form my own additive index. (I have a Gini measure, but it is not decomposable)

Second, is there a searchable bank of macros. I have located several homepages with a couple dozen macros, but I was hoping to find a giant deposit to solve all my future problems. Does SAS, one of the SAS user groups, or anyone maintain a large deposit like this.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Stutes University of Kansas

gstutes@falcon.cc.ukans.edu